The first thing that happens when school lets out for the summer, is that many Louisville, KY families are planning driving vacations. Adding pre-trip auto care to road trip plans lessens the chance of the need of Louisville towing services for all drivers and is even that much more important for those driving older vehicles of at least 10years or older, here are some summer car care tips for you to take advantage of before your hit the road this summer.
Older Vehicles Need More Care
According to current roadside assistance data from a very large roadside assistance company, “vehicles at least 10 years and older are twice as likely to be utilizing roadside assistance services, and six times more likely to require a Louisville towing service. The findings from the same large car and auto club also show that the top reasons for requiring a car tow are:
- Battery and electrical systems issues
- Engine cooling system failures
- Tire damage that cannot be repaired or replaced at the roadside
At Louisville Towing & Emergency Roadside Assistance Service we urge all drivers to make sure their vehicles are ready for road trips in order to minimize the chance of car troubles or frustrating and inconvenient breakdowns. The fact is that when the average vehicle age exceeds 11.5 years the likelihood of a roadside breakdown is much greater for those with older vehicles, a vehicle inspection prior to your road trip is especially important to help ensure a stress-free trip.
Need a Summer Car Tow? Call Us at 502-200-9304 Today!
Make Certain to Check
- Make certain to check the car or truck battery and replace battery, posts or cables if needed. Be sure the electrical system is charging at the correct rate; overcharging can damage a battery as quickly as undercharging. Excessive heat and overcharging a car or truck battery shortens the life of a battery.
- Check the HVAC system as proper cooling performance is critical for interior comfort. When it’s hot outside, the last thing is that you want to be is hot inside of your car on a long road trip or time in the car.
- Check the car or truck tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check all and top off all necessary vital automobile fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see during a summer storm or a summer night drive. Make certain to check that all of your interior and your autos exterior lighting is working properly and take the time to replace worn wiper blades so that you can see through your windows clearly when driving during rainy days.
Some Common Summer Car Care Tips
The team at Louisville Towing & Emergency Roadside Assistance Service recommends that you also take the necessary time to:
- Inspect the brake system
- Perform a tune-up
- Check and restocking the automobile emergency roadside assistance kit
- Fully charging cell phones before leaving home
By inspecting all of the necessary aspects of the vehicle’s vital organs, you make sure that you’ll have a car or truck that will be performing at the highest levels for now into the immediate future. If it looks like you are in need of an auto-towing service Louisville, give us a call at 502-200-9304 today!