There’s a number towing companies in the Louisville, Kentucky area there are some full service like Louisville Towing & Roadside Assistance Service. Regardless of what form of service you need, there are some important aspects to consider when choosing a Louisville towing company.
Towing Company State Certification
The state department that monitors the industry has a certification process that keeps towing companies in check. The department performs inspections to make sure Kentucky tow truck companies:
- Have proper drug test protocols in place
- Have tow operator licenses up-to-date
- Have evidence of Liability Insurance
- Have a manufacturer’s data plate, or document from the manufacturer, stating the capacity of their boom, winch, or carry mechanism
- Have a winch in good condition (not exceeding capacity of boom or leaking oil).
- Have cables meeting manufacturer’s specifications and in good condition.
- Display company signage properly.
A good towing company will be completely certified and have a clean record with the state.
Towing Company Pricing.
Fair pricing is a good indicator that a towing company is not out to just make a buck, but to continually build their customer base by providing affordable rates. A quick Google search can easily give you a good idea of what the going rate is for a variety of towing services. A rate that seems too good to be true probably is and may not be from a reputable company with long term goals of keeping in business.
Fast Towing Service and Expertise.
Since it’s usually a stressful situation that prompts your need for a towing company in the first place, calling a company already known for their ability to quickly and accurately assist drivers will help put your mind at ease. No one wants a tow driver who takes a lengthy time to turn up and afterwards isn’t sure of how to handle a situation.
One of the greatest ways to determine which towing companies provide excellent service is from customer feedback on Google and Yahoo.